Citizens who acquired Canadian citizenship
A citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, who has adopted citizenship of a foreign country, shall provide written information to the relevant executive authority within a month according to the “Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
Voluntary acquisition of citizenship of another country by the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan is considered as the basis for the loss of citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan according to Article 18 of the Law "On Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan", as well.
- Request letter (download);
- Completed application form (download)
- Copy of the Azerbaijani passport;
- Copy of Certificate of Canadian Citizenship;
- A copy of a document indicating the address in Canada (for example, driver's license);
- Photo 3x4 cm, in color.
- Free of charge
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Embassy accepts applications via mail only. The request must include a prepaid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The applicant is provided with a certificate confirming that the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Canada has been notified. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss of postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9
A citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan may also provide information on the acquisition of Canadian citizenship on the official website of the State Migration Service (online application form).