Attestation of documents issued by Canadian notary
Before submitting it to the Embassy for legalization, the documents are mandatorily required to be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development of Canada.
- Request Letter (download);
- Original or copy of the valid passport/identification card (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of trustee;
- Document indicating applicant's current status in Canada (PR card, work or student authorization);
- Copy of valid passport or identification card (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the trusted person (for Power of Attorney);
- Other relevant documents depending on the text of the document.
- 10 USD for each notary seal & signature of the Embassy, if applicant needs seal & signature on more pages fee applicable will be 10 USD x number of pages. Only money orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
- Important notice: No money orders issued by ScotiaBank are accepted.
How to apply
- Please, note that the Embassy accepts applications for Attestation of Power of Attorney via mail only. The request must include a prepaid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail package returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9