Official visit visa is issued to employees of diplomatic representations and consulates of foreign countries in the Republic of Azerbaijan, including employees, administrative and technical staff of the representations of international organizations and their family members, as well as foreigners who travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan with diplomatic mission or with a special mission in the cases set forth by the international agreements that the Republic of Azerbaijan is a party to.
1. Completed visa application form. Please click here to download
2. Passport (both original and copy).
- Passport must be valid passport be valid at least three months beyond the dates of your trip.
- Non-Canadian citizens must submit a valid permanent resident card (PR).
3. Two passport sized photos.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Colored photos must be full face and white background.
4. Diplomatic note or an official letter.
- Must include employee's name, date of birth, purpose of travel, travel date and the anticipated length of the tour of duty or stay in Azerbaijan.
- The names and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the government official or employee.
5. Copy of a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19.
- Visa applicants over 18 must have a COVID-19 passport (or a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19).
- The following class of persons are exempt from submitting document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19:
- Passengers whose close relatives are citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan (husband, wife, children, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren), including family members of such persons (husband, wife, parents, children) – are required to confirm the degree of kinship on the basis of a document;
- Diplomatic passport holders, heads of diplomatic missions and consulates of foreign countries in the Republic of Azerbaijan, employees and their families;
- Foreigners and stateless persons with work permits in the Republic of Azerbaijan, foreigners and stateless persons with temporary or permanent residence permits in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members (wife, husband, parents, children under 18, as well as children with disabilities over 18) – are required to provide relevant supporting documents.
6. Negative COVID-19 test (PCR).
- A rapid result test will NOT be accepted for entry; it must be a PCR test. A negative COVID-19 test result must be issued up to 72 hours ahead of the flight to Azerbaijan for passengers over 1 year of age. A QR code is NOT required on the negative COVID-19 test results, but the presence of such a QR will facilitate faster processing on arrival in Baku. Negative COVID-19 tests may also be required to depart Azerbaijan, if required by the destination country.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts visa applications via mail only. The request must include a prepaid postage return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you. Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to request for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application.
- Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 15 days must get registered upon place of stay. For more information: https://www.migration.gov.az/en/oyq