Transit visa is issued to foreigners and stateless persons travelling to third countries in order to cross the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Validity period of transit visa is defined for up to 30 days and the period of stay in the country is defined for up to 5 days.
1. Completed visa application form. Please click here to download
2. Passport (both original and copy)
- Passport must be valid passport be valid at least three months beyond the dates of your trip.
- Non-Canadian citizens must submit a valid permanent resident card (PR).
3. Two passport sized photos.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Colored photos must be full face and white background.
4. Visa fee
- 20 USD for Canadian citizens. For other nationalities see here.
- Only money orders, bank cashier’s (certified check) and company checks are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan. Important notice: No money orders issued by ScotiaBank are accepted.
5. Copy of the visa of the destination country
- Excluding the countries with a visa-free regime to travel to the destination country.
6. Copy of a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19
- Visa applicants over 18 must have a COVID-19 passport (or a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19).
7. Negative COVID-19 test (PCR).
- A rapid result test will NOT be accepted for entry; it must be a PCR test. A negative COVID-19 test result must be issued up to 72 hours ahead of the flight to Azerbaijan for passengers over 1 year of age. A QR code is NOT required on the negative COVID-19 test results, but the presence of such a QR will facilitate faster processing on arrival in Baku. Negative COVID-19 tests may also be required to depart Azerbaijan, if required by the destination country.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts visa applications via mail only. The request must include a prepaid postage return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you. Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to request for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application.