Passport lost or stolen
Required documents for issuance of Reentry Certificate
- Request Letter (download);
- Completed application form (for citizens)(for stateless persons)
- Original expired or damaged passport;
- Two (2) photographs of 3x4 cm., in color;
- Completed Consular Registration Form (read more)
- One of the following documents - Azerbaijani National Identity Card (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi), military ID, driver’s license or other official document proving identity and citizenship of the applicant;
- Document indicating applicant's current status in Canada (PR card, work or student authorization).
- An expired or damaged passport is handed over by the Embassy and a certificate is issued to the relevant authorities of the Republic of Azerbaijan (download). This certificate must be signed by the applicant in two (2) copies (except for persons under 18 years) and sent to the Embassy along with other documents.
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of person under 18 years;
- Request Letter signed by one of the parents or legal representatives of person under 18 years (download)
- A written consent of parents or legal representatives of person under 18 years (download)
- Original passport or Azerbaijani National Identity Cards (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the parents of person under 18 years;
- Original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate;
- Document indicating parents' current status in Canada (PR card, work or student authorization);
- If person under 18 years has been deprived of parental care, the consent of the adoptive parent, guardian or trustee;
- If person under 18 years has been deprived of parental care, original documents confirming the rights of the adoptive parent, guardian or trustee;
- If person under 18 years has been deprived of parental care, original passport or identification cards of the adoptive parent, guardian or trustee.
- 10 USD. Only money orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan; Important notice: No money orders issued by ScotiaBank are accepted;
- Issuance of the Reentry Certificate for person under 18 years is free of charge.
How to apply
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts Reentry Certificate applications in person and via mail. The request must include a prepaid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail package returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9