Renunciation of Citizenship
A citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan who desires to renounce his/her citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan should apply with application form addressed to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Application form (must be typed on computer)– printed in 2 copies (download)
- Petition (typed on computer and indicating the reason for renouncing citizenship) addressed to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan – printed in 2 copies;
- CV (typed on computer) - printed in 2 copies;
- 4 photos sized 3x4 cm;
- Copy of the identity document (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi);
- Document from the Azerbaijan Credit Bureau on the absence of credit obligations;
- Document from the State Tax Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the absence of tax liability to the state;
- Document from the General Department of Bailiffs of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the absence of the payment of alimony and other executive documents;
- Document on absence of military service obligation (notarized copy of military card or certificate from the local branch of the State Service for Mobilization and Conscription where you are registered);
- Reference from the housing department of the place of residence confirming that there is no debt for housing and communal services;
- Reference from the relevant local branch of “Azersu” OJSC on the absence of debt for water use and sewage disposal;
- Reference of no debt for gas use;
- Reference of no debt for the use of electricity;
- Reference of no debt for phone calls.
Note: Certificates related to communications and utilities are not required from those who submit a document confirming the absence of real estate in their name.
If a person applying for releasing from citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan applies together with his/her minor children, the following documents should be attached:
- Application of consent of the other parent (notarized);
- Copy of the other parent`s passport (notarized);
- Copy of the marriage certificate;
- Applications of consent of children aged 14-18 (notarized);
- Copy of initial military registration certificate - applies to male children over 15 years of age (notarized).
Note: The names of the applicant's minor children should be included in the application form and the application, as well as 4 photos (3x4 sized) should be submitted.
- 60 USD. Only money orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
- Important notice: No money orders issued by ScotiaBank are accepted.
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Embassy accepts applications via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The applicants are provided with a written answer for their application. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9
- Processing time is six months.
- Applicants will be notified of the results of their application by the State Migration Service or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.