In the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the notary acts shall be carried out by authorized officials - consuls.
Consuls carry out the following notary acts:
- approve deals and powers of attorney excluding the alienation of immovable property situated in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the pledge agreement;
- take measures for the protection of inherited property;
- issue certificates of inheritance;
- issue certificates of share ownership in the common property of the spouses;
- confirm the accuracy of the copies of the documents and extracts from the documents;
- confirm the authenticity of signatures in the documents;
- confirm the accuracy of the translation of documents from one language to another;
- confirm the fact of the person being alive;
- confirm that the person is in a certain place;
- confirm the identity of the person in the photo;
- approve the date of submission of the documents;
- accept the obligation of the obligation, deposit money, securities and testaments;
- keep executive records;
- accept documents for storage;
- draw up sea protests;
- provide evidences.
In addition, the consular officer may draft transactions, petitions and other documents, make copies of documents and extracts from them, give advice on the conduct of notarial acts, and request from individuals and legal entities documents and information to carry out those acts.
Documents confirming the identity of a person performing notary acts
When performing notary acts, a consul clarifies the identity of persons applying for notary acts, as well as their representatives or representatives of legal persons on the basis of the following documents:
- ID of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Ordinary passport of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Service passport of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Diplomatic passport of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Driving license of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan (in order to clarify the identity of a trustee during the confirmation of a power of attorney for the temporary use of a vehicle);
- Birth certificate of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan (only in relation for juveniles under 16 years);
- ID or military certificate issued by military units and commanders of the military departments of the Republic of Azerbaijan (for identification purposes of military servants);
- The identity of sailors is clarified on the basis of their ID.
You can file various types of power of attorneys (etibarnamə) and consent applications (razılıq ərizəsi) electronically trough "Mobil notariat" app from the AppStore or Google Play platforms. If you have any questions about the application, please contact the Main Registration and Notary Department of the Ministry of Justice.