Restoration of Citizenship
Persons who have previously been citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan or whose citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan has been revoked/terminated may reclaim it.
- Application form (must be typed on computer)– printed in 2 copies (download)
- Petition (must be typed on computer) addressed to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan – printed in 2 copies;
- CV (typed on computer) - printed in 2 copies;
- 4 photos sized 3x4 cm;
- Copy of the identity document (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) (notarized);
- Certificate of general health and reference on AIDS test;
- Reference on Hepatitis B and C;
- Reference from TB Dispensary;
- Reference from STD Clinic;
- 60 USD. Only money orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
- Important notice: No money orders issued by ScotiaBank are accepted.
- Receipt on payment of the state duty (110 manats paid in Azerbaijan).
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Embassy accepts applications via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The applicants are provided with a written answer for their application. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan
275 Slater Street, Suite 1203
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9
- Processing time is six months
- Applicants will be notified of the results of their application by the State Migration Service or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.