Legalization of documents
Civil Registrar of the Republic of Azerbaijan requests the foreigners the following documents in case of their marriage in Azerbaijan and/or to Azerbaijani citizen:
- Notice of Search Marriage, issued by the provincial civil registrar of Canada, authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Canada prior to the certification at the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- In case of the second marriage of the foreigner, certificate about the result of first marriage (divorce certificate or certificate of death), also authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Canada and certified at the Consular Section of the Embassy
Consular Section requires the documents mentioned below for legalization
- Letter of request by the applicant on legalization (mention your full name, address in Canada, phone number, email address, what you are requesting for, date and signature)
- Document itself. Authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Canada. Global Affairs of Canada Authentication Centre.
- Copy of ID (international passport) of the applicant (Note: Passport copy must be notarized) or send passport itself
- Copy of proof of the applicant’s status in Canada (Note: copy must be notarized) or send the document itself that proves your status in Canada
- Fee at the sum of 10 USD per document, only money order payable to the Embassy of Azerbaijan
- A self-addressed prepaid return envelope
- If you mention your Azerbaijani ID card number (shexsiyet vesiqesi card) in the document that you would like to legalize, please attach a notarized copy or original piece of it.